Sunday, November 13, 2011

triple thanks

Since its been 3 days, I will mention 3 things that I am thankful for.
1- I am thankful for our freedom. I am so lucky to live in America where I am free to do pretty much anything I want. I am also thankful for those who fight to keep our freedom.
2- I am thankful to live so close to both our families. I love that we get to see them often, and that they get to be a part of Abbie's life.
3- I am thankful for the gospel. I feel so blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am grateful to know that Jesus lives and loves me. 

Ok, so what have we been up to?
Not much during the week- just the usual school and work for Brandon, and me staying home with Abbie. Friday we did get to go on an actual date without Abbie. Abbie spent the evening with my family. It's been so long since we've gone on a date and it was a nice break. We went to a movie (In Time- I would highly recommend it) and dinner.  On the way home I won a radio contest! I seriously couldn't believe it. I won tickets to a small concert at a bar. I'm thinking we won't be going to it :) But it's still fun that I actually won and got to hear myself on the radio. 
We got home late and saw 4 deer on the grass outside of our apartment. Yeah, I know this picture isn't the best.

That night we decided that we were going to try to let Abbie cry it out to try to train her to sleep better. It was definitely hard! She cried for about 1 1/2 hours and then finally fell asleep. It was definitely a long night. I am hoping it was worth it.
Saturday morning we took it easy. Then headed up to Salt lake to celebrate Brandon's mom's birthday. Halfway there is started to snow :( We had a yummy dinner and played games.
   Last night we didn't have to get up with Abbie at all. Brandon says that he did hear her whimper a couple of times during the night, but she must have put herself to sleep. I loved sleeping through the whole night!
 And, she didn't get up early. We didn't have to get up until our alarms went off at 7 to get ready for church. That right there is a big accomplishment. We've had a nice, lazy day today. We are working on an awesome 3D puzzle- maybe I will put up a picture when we finish it. 

Here is Abbie showing off her cute, new dress from grandma Crowther.

No comments:

Post a Comment