Monday, November 7, 2011

8 months

Abbie is exactly 36 weeks old or 8 months!
So in honor of her 'birthday', today I am grateful to be her mother. Being a mom is not quite how I pictured it. I didn't realize how much my life would change 8 months ago. Almost everything I do is centered around Abbie: her eating schedule, her sleep schedule, her mood, etc. I am so grateful that I can stay home with her, and be there for every little thing that happens in her life.


*When going to sleep, I have found that she still likes to be loosely swaddled

 *She seriously gets into everything! She loves new 'toys'. As you can see the ornaments on the tree are one of her new favorites. She has also discovered the toilet and garbage can recently :)

 
*She is getting really stable on her feet. In these pictures she is not holding onto anything- this is new. I think she has had the capability for a little while but has been too scared to do this. I think she will for sure be walking before Christmas


*Her first tooth is coming in! I noticed it a couple of days ago accidentally when I was trying to get something out of her mouth. You can't see is yet, but it is definitely starting to come through. So, because of this (hopefully this is the reason) she has been more whiny lately. Last night she got up several times, and then today was one of those harder days. Maybe this is a result of daylight savings, or both. Anyway, until the last couple of days, she was pretty good about taking 3 regular day naps. Nighttime was still a bit of a struggle- getting up about 3 times. 


*She is actually really funny. I love to just watch her. She babbles all the time and it's so cute!

*She is still a big girl. Many people think she is older than she really is because of her size and because she acts a little older developmentally. She does eat a lot. She has solids + milk for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with a milk feeding in between each.


* Have I mentioned that she is crazy active! Yep, she is standing up while still buckled. I guess she was sick of sitting there.



Although being a mother is the hardest thing I've had to do so far, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father has entrusted this sweet spirit into my care.

1 comment: