Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"This is Halloween"

Saturday we went to my parents' ward trunk-or-treat. My sisters told me they were entering the carved pumpkin contest. I decided I wanted to enter too, so we ran to the store and got the last good pumpkin and a good $1 carving knife. With Brandon's help I decided to carve a picture of the Salt Lake Temple. I found a pattern to follow and got it done in about an hour. It turned out great. At the trunk-or-treat, people got to vote for pumpkins for different categories. Mine won two of them: classiest, and best overall. :) I have to say I'm pretty proud of it.

On actual Halloween we went to Magna and went trick or treating with Breanna, Jayden, and Brandon's parents. We got a lot of candy, and had lots of fun! Abbie was really good, she liked picking out the candy and sucking on the wrappers. And, the weather was actually nice, not too cold.

Yep, Abbie definitely enjoyed  playing with the candy :) She couldn't decide what she wanted. She would pick one up and stick it in her mouth and then see another one she wanted and would grab that one.

I think we are finally Halloweened out! Now we are counting down til Thanksgiving.
Oh, and I was thinking it would be cool if throughout the month I posted about things that I am thankful for.
Yesterday I was not thankful for the bad weather while I was driving, but I am thankful that we made it safely, and that I didn't die from a heart attack while stressing about the drive.
Today I am thankful that we can get student loans and that Brandon has a scholarship so that we are ok financially and I can stay home with Abbie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment