Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving break

Wednesday we went to Trafalga with B's family. We had lots of fun playing laser tag and  mini-golf. Afterwards, we got pizza and ate it at the park in the dark. It was quite fun, except for the chilly weather.

Thanksgiving Day was fantastic. You seriously couldn't ask for a better holiday. We started out by getting up a little early, thanks to Abbie. We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, and just hung out for the morning.

For lunch, Grandpa Crowther took us, Brandon's fam, and the Daynes fam to Marie Calenders. It was kind of weird to me because I have never gone out to eat on Thanksgiving before. But, it was still fun because we got to spend time as a family and eat yummy food. Speaking of which, Abbie had a blast eating a ton of our food. Oh, also notice her cute turkey headband :)

Afterwards we headed to my family's house to get ready for Thanksgiving dinner. I made these super cute edible turkeys. Most of the family was there, and we had the traditional turkey dinner, and then played games. I seriously can't believe how much Abbie ate! I swear she ate just as much as anyone else.

Black friday really turned out to be black thursday night. We (my parents and sisters) went to Walmart about 10:30 pm. Brandon stayed home with Abbie. I was so excited to get a few $5 books for Abbie. We then went to Target- my favorite- at midnight when it opened. It was seriously the longest line ever! But no worries, I think we got everything we wanted. Brandon and Abbie joined up here because for some reason she thought getting up in the middle of the night would be fun. I think we got home and crashed around 2 am. Unfortunately, I only got about 5 hours of sleep because Abbie got up at like 6:45. We pretty much spent the rest of the day hanging out, playing games, and doing more shopping. 
We did go to the mall so that Abbie could see santa. I thought for sure she would hate it and cry.
 Nope. She sat on his lap completely content, and enjoyed petting the fur on his coat. It really was cute.
Yesterday, I finally got to make up some sleep. Yay. We .had a lazy morning and then did a little shopping  in the afternoon. My mom and sisters came down in the evening and watched Abbie while Brandon and I went to the Temple. Even though I go regularly, it had been a really long time since we had gone together, so that was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment