Saturday, November 5, 2011

Tis the season

So, of course I am always grateful for Brandon. But today I just want to point out some of the super awesome things about him. First off, he puts up with my crazy addiction to Christmas. Second, he is such and awesome dad to Abbie and is always willing to get up with her in the night (I am super grateful for this because I have a lot less patience with her in the middle of the night). And right now I am thankful to him for making me some delicious chocolate chip cookies!

Ok, I just thought you should know that Abbie loves to walk around- with help :) She likes to walk if we hold her hands, or if she is holding on to something else. A couple of days ago I got this play stroller out and she likes to push it around. It took a couple of times for her to figure it out though.

The other day when I was making dinner she was hanging out with me in the kitchen. While I wasn't paying attention she crawled into the food storage room, and then ended up blocking herself in. It was pretty funny :) Thankfully she didn't freak out, she was just a little concerned about what to do.

So, I started listening to Christmas music about a week ago. I just can't stay away from it, it makes me so happy! Well, now that I am getting into the spirit of things, I decided that we should put up our Christmas tree. Don't worry, I am not skipping Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving almost as much as Christmas. I just don't see anything wrong with decorating for Christmas early. My mom, Ness, and Syd came down and helped. I think my mom is as crazy about holidays as I am, so she was excited to help. Getting the actual tree set up was the least fun part because we found some unwanted surprises- Spiders! At first Abbie was not sure about the whole thing. It took some getting used to.

But, I sure love decorating the tree!

More decorating. The final result sits in the corner between the chair and the couch so Abbie can't actually access it :)

I pretty much love looking at it. Especially in the dark with just the tree lights on.

No comments:

Post a Comment