Thursday, July 30, 2009

Summer project

Yay, I finally finished my summer project!

Brandon and I went to a ward activity in June where they taught us how to refinish furniture. It was a very inspiring activity and provided me the tools to refinish my hope chest that was once my grandmother's.

With no time to delay, we went to Lowe's to pick up the needed supplies.

I wish I had taken a before picture, but unfortunately I didn't think to. So, just imagine this chest with black paint peeling off, and very dirty.


Step 1: Use paint remover to remove unwanted paint- basically strip it!



Step 2: Sand the rest of the paint off and make it smooth.


Brandon had to help me with this one :)

Step 3: Put on the primer and then paint it light purple!

This is just after I finished painting it!

Wow, who knew the inside was so beautiful. Before, you didn't even notice because the outside was so ugly :)


The final product!!!!!

I love it!

3 comments: