Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The "Art" of a Statistician

If you were to describe statisticians in three words you might come up with dull, analytical, crazy, etc. but I'm sure one of the last words on your list would be "artistic". And for good reason too. But no more! Behold the art of a statistician. Let's just say I have too much time on my hands at work...


Sure you've seen the 7 color rainbow, but check out this 657 color rainbow (perfect parabola I might add). Oooh...Ahhh.


He may have a disconnected scalp, but that's what makes this guy true "art".


And lest you get the idea that all I do at my job is produce worthless graphs, here is an example of the true "art" of a statistician. Next stop...the Louvre.

2 comments:

  1. lol, I especially like your tag "waste of time" what I don't get, though, is how the smiley guy fits into statistics. I'm guesisng the outline for his head is a graph and you decided to fill in the other facial features, but I'm really not sure. He's cool. Just ... random.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He doesn't fit in at all. I just made him using my graphing program, R. Even though it would take seconds to make him in paint, it took me like 10 min to make him in R because R uses commands instead of a mouse. So basically I'm proud of his worthlessness because he took needless effort.

    ReplyDelete