Sunday, March 20, 2011

More of the BYU Baby!

A few days ago we went to the library and got a bunch of random picture books to read to Abbie. Being a school teacher, I feel very strongly about reading to children often, starting at a young age. She doesn't really react when we read to her, but its fun and is getting us into a good habit.


Friday morning we found Abbie sleeping like this. Normally she is bundled like a burrito and doesn't have free reign of her arms. She now loves playing with her arms and hands. Isn't she adorable? She does sleep really well. The last few nights she has only gotten up twice during the night to eat and then goes right back to sleep. I think I am sleeping better now than I did before she was born.


We are very into the whole March Madness thing. Which is funny because we are not sports people, and never watch basketball. But the competition is fun. We made a bet that whose ever bracket loses has to make dinner for a week. At this point, I am winning. Let's hope it ends up that way.
And of course here is Abbie rooting for BYU.

Today was Abbie's first time going to church. She was so good! And we finally got a family picture! We also went to my in-laws' stake conference last night and got to meet Elder Dallin H. Oaks. Abbie was only 12 days old and already was lucky enough to meet an apostle.

We are still having trouble with the whole breastfeeding thing. Sometimes she latches right and there are no problems and then sometimes she can't or won't latch on and ends up just crying until we give her a bottle. I have had help from people and it seems like I am doing what I should. I'm still hoping that we can get this figured out- hopefully soon!

2 comments:

  1. She is so cute! I wish I had known you were there last night, I would've plied Todd's fingers off of Abbie and stolen her. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the picture with her BYU law shirt look like she is cheering for BYU.

    ReplyDelete