Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"One week older and wiser too.."

I can't believe Abbie is already a week old! I love being a mommy! She is such a good baby. We've had a couple of hard nights, but it's getting better. Last night she only woke up 3 times to eat and then went right back to sleep. Yay! She is a very happy/ content baby and only cries when she gets really hungry or is having a bath. Speaking of, here are pictures of the first bath I gave her. She was not a happy girl and I felt so bad.



The hardest thing so far has been breastfeeding. We are both new at it and so obviously we've had some struggles. Whoever said breastfeeding is natural? Well is certainly doesn't come naturally. Abbie went to her first doctor appointment last Friday. She is in the 80th percentile for height, and was in the 22nd percentile for weight. She weighed 6 lbs 15 oz. This was a little concerning to the doctor so she wanted to see us back on Monday to weigh Abbie again. So we went in yesterday and she had lost a little bit more weight- weighing 6 lbs 13 oz. Again the doctor was concerned and decided that we need to supplement her feeding with formula. I was not very excited about this, but I want Abbie to be healthy so that is what we are doing. I will take her back in to the doctor in a couple of days to see if this is helping.


At the her first doctor appointment- 4 days old


She really likes her swing :)

I love watching these 2 together. He is such a great daddy!


On Friday we had a little photo shoot.

She is so cute!!



I thought this was hilarious because her newborn pants are way too big! Right now she only has about 5 outfits that fit her.

I took this picture today. She is awake a lot and likes to just look around.

Oh and a special thanks to my mom and mom-in-law for coming down and helping me out.

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh she's so cute!!! I just want to hold her she's so cute. What fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a princess! Being a mommy is the best!
    Breast feeding is definitely not as easy as you'd think. But it's totally worth it! You'll be so grateful you did! It gets easier and easier!
    Just a little unsolicited advice, which you are welcome to ignore since it is unsolicited... be very careful with supplementing. Your body only makes the amount of milk your baby asks it to. So if she's getting milk from other places, she's not telling your body to make more. Which puts you in a nasty little cycle of never being able to create enough milk to provide for your baby. So, if you're supplementing, make sure you are also pumping so your body gets the message to make more. Also, I am more than happy to answer any breastfeeding questions! If I don't know the answer, I know where you can find it. Just know that I'm more than happy to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I know that this may sound weird and off the wall, especially since we hardly know each other, but I would be willing to come over and see if I could help you two with breastfeeding. I even have a daughter who is just Abbie's age, just a day younger if you are uncomfortable having me watch you. I know it sounds odd I just feel for those who want to nurse and in the end are unable to, so there is my offer. I am in apt. 2 so you can just look me up if you need to. Nancy Bohne

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is SO CUTE! I loved reading this post-- everything is almost exactly like when we brought Andrew home. (Except the losing weight thing. We had to supplement from day one cuz this kid just LOVES to eat.) Happy memories! Bath time will get better. And THAT is a FUN day :) CONGRATS again!

    ReplyDelete