Friday, August 14, 2009

Tribute to Christy (Part V)

Happy Anniversary to Christy and me! And it will be happy indeed. As my final tribute, I saved the best for last. These are the two qualities that I brainstormed that would be at the top of my list (although I'm sure I left some important qualities out of my brainstorm). Ready for this?

Anyone who really knows Christy knows how easy-going she is. She has ideas and opinions, but is always quick to compromise and/or to change plans entirely. It's so easy to live with her because she can just go with the flow of life and enjoy it. As a running joke in our family of two, Christy will often ask me, "What's the plan, Bran?" And while I may get irritated occasionally because I'm terrible at planning, the truth is that I like that she is so willing to roll with the punches and be spontaneous.

Related to that, I love Christy's attitude towards life. Life is fun with her around. She is quick to laugh and to just enjoy life. Even when stress is all around her, I can still make her laugh. It's in her nature and it lifts the spirits of those around her - especially me. Not a day goes by that we don't share a laugh or ten. I inherited my dad's sense of humor (meaning that I often tell jokes that I find funnier than anyone else does) and yet Christy always brings a smile to my face by laughing with me (or at least at me) when I tell a lame joke.

It's been a great year and I couldn't be happier to have the opportunity to spend so many more with the sweetest girl I've ever met. I love you Christy! Happy first anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment