Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tribute to Christy (Part II)

One of the things I love so much about Christy is her dedication to family.

When I was first dating Christy, one of the things that stood out most to me at the time was how connected she was to her family. I used to tease her for how often she made it home to Salt Lake - especially because it wasn't homesickness that drove her to do it. And at the time, I wasn't sure how I felt about it because it seemed so foreign to me (not that I didn't love my family... I just had other things I could be doing).

I'm not quite sure what changed my perspective, but as I started to spend more time with both of our families I realized I was seeing things more as she must have seen them. And I now truly love being with family - just as Christy always has. Give both of us an open weekend and that's probably where we'll be. Sappy or not, that's just the way it is.

I guess you could consider this a dual tribute: to Christy's dedication to what really matters in life and to how she opened my eyes to it. And the best part about Christy's dedication to her family is that I'm now a part of it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment