Friday, August 14, 2009

One year!!

First off I must say, isn't Brandon so cute to have paid tribute to me each day this week!! He is so sweet, especially because I don't completely agree with every thing he has said, he makes me sound like a perfect angel :) (soo not true!) This goes to show that I am the lucky one to be married to him!!!!!

Anyway I thought that it would be fun to highlight some things about our first year together!

* We got married at 10 am August 14, 2009 in the Salt Lake Temple
* For our honeymoon we flew down to Florida, went to Disney world, and then went on a cruise to the Bahamas
* We moved into our first apartment
* We got called as an extraction couple in our ward and I was also the assist. RS secretary- whatever that means :) jk
* We started another year of school
* We got a Wii with extra wedding money
* I got accepted to the BYU Elementary Education program
* We both started new jobs. I work at the Marriott Center ticket office as a student clerk, and Brandon was a research assistant for one of his statistics professors.
* Brandon took the LSAT and did excellent (and with only a few hours of studying)
* We spent our first Thanksgiving together and with all our family and then did early morning black friday shopping
* We recreated our first date
* We finished fall semester. Brandon with a 4.0 and me with a better gpa than when we were dating :)
* We spent our first Christmas together with both our families
* We started another semester- Brandon's last as an undergrad and my first semester in the Eled program- i had art, dance, drama, and music classes
* We celebrated our 6 month anniversary on Valentines day :)
* Brandon turned the big 23!
* After a long couple of months we finished the semster. I got the highest gpa ever in my college years and Brandon got his first B :( but who cares because he also graduated in Actuarial Science Magna Cum Laude !!!
* Brandon also got accepted to the BYU Law school with a full-tuition scholarship!!! and will be starting in a week!
* After some stress and worry he found a job in South Jordan as a Data Analyst
* I took spring classes- dumb idea
* Brandon got a new calling as the Sunday School President.
* We went on three trips during the summer :camping at Cherry Hills with Brandon's extended fam;
we went on a roadtrip to California and went to a taping of The Price i$ Right; and then a week up in Park City with my family.
* I turned 21 and became legal- finally
* We recently signed on a new apartment and will be moving shortly

* and now Here we are, 1 year later!!

Of course, through out the year we went on our weekly dates, spent alot of time with our family, locked ourself our of the apartment, had to jumpstart our car a few times, and experience some new things. We've laughed, cried, stressed, played, worked, etc. We experienced snow, rain, thunderstorms, sunsets, sledding, swimming, and much more. It's been a great year!

Happy anniversary!! Love You!

2 comments:

  1. didn't brandon get into law school this year. I vaguely remember that lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great year. You two are so meant for each other. Christy definately completes Brandon's perfect life!

    ReplyDelete