Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tribute to Christy (Part III)

Last night, Christy was feeling "sick" (that's the best I can come up to describe the pains she was having). I tried my best to help and comfort, but I felt pretty useless (other than to giver her a Priesthood blessing). Anyway, the only other good thing that came from my concern was my idea for today's post.

I don't get sick very often (and when I do, I bring it on myself usually). But since I've known Christy, I've been "sick" twice and Christy (my personal CNA) has been there blessing me with her compassion.

Almost a year and a half ago, I got pretty sick from eating a frozen pizza that had expired 4 months previously (yeah, I'm an idiot). Christy and I hadn't been together a terribly long time, but she went out of her way to be there for me even though I had been stupid and brought it on myself. In fact, she was more concerned about me than I was (in particular trying to get me to not be stubborn and see a doctor). I got better after a few days and will always be grateful for her kind text messages and personal attention in my time of need.

Just a month or so ago, Christy and I were spending the night at my parents' house. We had recently become addicted to Mushroom Farm Revolution (a tower defense game we found on addictinggames.com). We stayed up late playing the game and by the time we went to sleep, I had a headache from staring at the computer screen too long (once again, I brought it upon myself). I woke up at 3:00 A.M. with one of the worst headaches I've ever had. My attempts to get rid of it with sleep, pills, and an ice pack proved futile. I tried not to wake Christy up, but even that didn't work. I'm sure she was exhausted, but she took such good care of me. I got a blessing from my dad and eventually fell asleep. But what touched me the most was when I found out that Christy had stayed up worrying about me for a whole hour after I had fallen back asleep.

So, are you convinced yet that I have the best wife ever? I know I am!

1 comment:

  1. "Almost a year and a half ago, I got pretty sick from eating a frozen pizza that had expired 4 months previously..."

    haha THIS from the guy who got a 34 ACT, 5's on almost all AP tests, and a full scholarship to both undergraduate school AND grad school.

    ReplyDelete