Thursday, September 29, 2011

the scooty-crawl

I have termed Abbie's current mode of transportation the 'scooty-crawl' because she goes back and forth between moving on her knees and scooting on her tummy.

A couple of days ago she discovered the kitchen- I guess now I have to keep that clean too.


The most fun thing in the kitchen: the fridge!

She loves being outside. Her new current obsession is leaves. And, yes she has eaten pieces 2 different times.


The last couple of days she has been doing more baby talk and less squeals and screeches. Today she started saying 'dada'. So cute!


Here is Abbie sporting her Halloween pj's. I love holidays! Ness came down on Monday and we went to the store and tried different costumes on Abbie. They were all so cute! We picked one out but you'll have to wait til Halloween to find out what she will be.

And last but not least a cute story: As you know Abbie has been a not so good sleeper. Lately, the only way she will go down for naps is if I rock her to sleep (if I just set her in her crib she either cries forever, or plays until she gets bored and then cries). Well, yesterday I rocked her and thought she was in a deep sleep. The second I layed her down in her crib her eyes popped open and immediately she rolled over, sat up and was standing up against her crib smiling at me. It happened so fast. It was cute, it seemed like she was saying "ok mom, I am ready to play". I couldn't resist, so I got her out and we played for a little bit before trying again to take a nap.

1 comment:

  1. So that was her first word?I guess it's time for a new screensaver!!!!

    ReplyDelete