Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day weekend

Friday started out not so good. The law school was closed because of a power outage so Brandon had to work from home- which means less productivity. On top of that, Abbie was just having a bad day, which meant that I was having a bad day, and because Brandon was home he got to experience all her fussiness, etc. So we weren't exactly a happy family. By mid afternoon we had had it, and decided we needed to do something fun. We decided to go to Planet Play in Draper with a coupon we had, and my mom met us there and took Abbie for a couple of hours. It was really nice to go on a date without her, and to just have fun! 

Saturday, we got up early, dropped off Abbie at Brandon's parents' house, and met my family at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It was Amanda's 12th Birthday, so we went to do baptisms for the dead (a family tradition). It was so cool finally having our whole family there.
Afterwards, we picked Abbie up, ate lunch, and then headed to Swiss Days. It was Brandon's first time going and he actually enjoyed it. I always enjoy it because I love looking at all the cool crafts. I also bought a couple of cool puzzles. Speaking of which, here are the 2 puzzles that I've done in the last few days.


Sunday our ward switched to 8:30 church. It's funny that Sunday will be the only day that I have to get up early. Usually Abbie and I sleep in til about 8:30. It was nice to come home and have most of the day left. All three of us took a nap- probably the first nap I've taken since Abbie was a couple weeks old. Basically it was a relaxing day. In the evening my sisters came to sleep over.

Monday morning my sisters and I were lazy and played games. Brandon worked on applications to clerking for a judge next year (scary to think we will probably be living far away from here next year at this time).
Then we headed up to Salt Lake to go to Grandpa Nielsen's birthday party. There we had lots of delicious food and got to spend time with family. Abbie had lots of fun. She played on the ground, and got herself stuck under the chair. It was pretty funny :)


And, she had a blast playing in the swimming pool.

Afterwards, we headed to my parents for dinner and games (while Brandon finished up his applications). 
We had quite the busy weekend, which I love since my days are pretty chill, sometimes boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment