Sunday, June 26, 2011

summer fun has begun

We had a busy week.

Monday we went swimming and...
She actually liked it!!! (not that you can really tell from the picture) I am so happy because we plan on swimming a lot this summer.

Tuesday we went to the Zoo. She enjoyed looking at the trees, grass, and fences more than the animals :) 
Oh, and fun fact, Abbie is about the size of an infant gorilla.

Wednesday we had a lazy day. However we did go for a walk around the neighborhood while there was a showing.
P.S. we will only be house-sitting for another week. I sure am going to miss all the space, the washer and dryer, dishwasher, and being so close to family.

Thursday we went to Lagoon and spent the majority of the time at Lagoon-a-beach. 
Once again Abbie enjoyed being in the water, which was a good thing because it was so hot!

She experienced all of the baby slides but didn't really react to them. 

Friday Abbie had a play date/ met her new friend Eloise, Amanda's (my childhood best friend) daughter.
Abbie is 5 weeks younger, although, they were close to the same size, except that Eloise was a little taller.
It was funny because it took a long time for them to actually look at each other :)

While there, Abbie played with Eloise's teddy bear. She found a new toy perfect for her mouth. It was so cute!

Friday night Brandon and I went to the Drive-in to see Cars 2 (my father's day gift to him). We loved it. The 2nd feature was Pirates of the Carribbean 4, whatever that's called. We decided to stay for it, however, I was tired and had a hard time keeping my eyes open and eventually fell asleep.  Brandon thought it was pretty good though. And it's true, Abbie was not invited. My mom and sister stayed over and watched her. It was really nice to go on a date again.

Saturday we slept in because we didn't get home til close to 3 am. We went to In-n-Out for lunch, had friends over for a couple of hours, went grocery shopping (finally), and went to a BBQ with the Crowthers. (I know I am lame for not taking any pics)

Today, Sunday, we went back to Provo for church and went to a dinner wedding celebration for Brandon's uncle.

I'd say we had quite the busy week. I think I need another lazy day

Other random happenings:

Abbie waking up daddy, who was being a sleepy-head

Sneezing. Ha ha.  Who knew you could capture it in action?

So. I got a new pump that actually works. Yay, no more of this sometimes working, sometimes not stuff, and hopefully no more worrying if there is enough milk for Abbie.

Also, Abbie has perfected the art of rolling from back to front. Almost immediately after she is put on the ground she rolls over. She loves it. Until she realizes she is stuck on her tummy and can't get back. I guess now she will have to work on going from tummy to back.

2 comments:

  1. How fun!

    So question... how did you put pictures in boxes? I don't know if that even makes sense, but like... the zoo pictures and pictures of you and your friend and your babies... how did you do that? It's cooool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading about your busy week makes me exhausted! I would need more than one lazy day to recover.

    The sneeze picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete