Monday, January 9, 2012

Peace and Quiet book

Ok, so here it is. Some pages I copied from someone else, some I got the idea from someone else and then modified it, and some I came up with on my own. Also, on each page I listed the scripture reference so maybe when she is older she can look up and read the story too.
So, enjoy!

I finally finished the cover over the weekend. I decided it was necessary to make one to help keep the book together :)

 The Tree of Life
You can snap on and off the fruit and put them in the basket

 Put on the Armor of God
 The pieces of armor are stored in the red pocket. You can match them to their shapes where it tells what the pieces represent or you can dress up the guy.


The Anti-Nephi-Lehies bury their weapons
The people can be taken off and the ground flap can open. In the flap are the weapons attached with string.

Noah's Ark
 Noah's ark is a pocket and inside are Noah and animal finger puppets.

"Follow me, I will make you fishers of men"
The fish are attached to the water by yarn and you can put the fish in the net.

Jonah and the Whale
Jonah stays inside the whale, but you can get him out to play with. 


Daniel in the lion's den
You can open and close the cage doors. You can also braid the lion's tail.

Lehi sails to the Promised Land
You can move the boat along the blue pipe cleaner.

Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden
You can unbutton the flowers and take the fruit off the tree.

Baby Moses is sent down the river in a basket
Baby Moses can snap on and off and you can weave the pieces to make a basket.

I realize many of the pages are more advanced, but I did that on purpose because I want it to last and be used for a long time. For the time being Abbie enjoys playing/eating the people and things that come off and she likes playing with the fishes.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I absolutely love this. I want to copy you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly! Firstly, how did you ever have time to do this? Andrew won't let me do any crafty things. Secondly, this blows the socks off the one I'm planning. I'll probably steal some of your ideas too.

    ReplyDelete