Sunday, March 21, 2010

Discounts and a Slice of Pi

I can't say that I've ever truly celebrated Pi Day (3/14) before despite being in the Statistics department for a few years. But who can pass up a "holiday" devoted to pie? So last Sunday we decided to bask in its glory.

Well, it turned out that we didn't have any ingredients to make pie, so Christy improvised and we enjoyed a delicious Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Pie. Emphasis on delicious.


Part II
I guess that's as good of a transition as I can offer between completely unrelated posts (without actually making this a separate post).

Anyway, I've always kind of looked down on the DI, only using it when I needed something cheap and didn't care about what condition it was in. Well, this past weekend was such an occasion. I needed a junky computer mouse to replace my broken one.

I did manage to find a mouse (even though I foolishly didn't check to see if my computer even had an old-school mouse port), but even better, I found love for the DI. In the form of board games.


Somehow, all 3 of these games had all of the pieces (including the instruction manuals). And who's ever heard of Super Rack-O anyway? (it was made in 1983). But all three of these beauties only set us back $6.50.

Now I realize that I post this at my own risk. Before you go and rush all of the DI's in Utah, just know that we've already laid claim on the Provo DI. Feel free to ransack the rest. And if you feel indebted for such good advice, feel free to donate some of those finds to us (you can even count it as my birthday present).

No comments:

Post a Comment