Thursday, December 3, 2009

Moving up in the World

Three posts in two days... that's a sure sign that I'm procrastinating. But I could think of a handful of more useless ways to spend my time. Besides, I still have 5 whole days to study for my first final. That's plenty of time, right?

I'm not sure how many people are vain enough to do a Google search on their own name occasionally, but I find it quite amusing. I've been doing it since I was in Jr. High and usually buried in the results I'll find something that is actually about me. If you've never Googled your own name, I highly recommend it. You should at least find your Facebook page somewhere in the results. (And if you want to help your cause, try adding quotes around your name in the search. That will eliminate a bunch of the irrelevant sites that have the parts of your name in two separate places)

Anyway, when we first started this blog, it was nowhere to be found. At one time I went through 10 pages of "Brandon Crowther" results with nothing. But look at me now. This blog is now on page 5! #1 is still a long way off, but I'll save that goal for another day. All you other Brandon Crowthers better watch out. I'm coming for you.


Alternately, if you search for "Christy Crowther" our blog will be right on top. Right above all the information about some dentist in Florida with the same name. Go Christy!


***UPDATE***
This blog is now on the first page when you search for my name. That's what I'm talking about!

1 comment:

  1. When I googled my name, way back when, I discovered a former soldier/medi who'd died in Vietnam (maybe Korea, but pretty sure it was 'Nam) and the re-counting of his death was pretty heroic. He even had my same middle name.

    So that's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete