Thursday, May 21, 2009

Blog = Trouble!

If you were to ask me to describe my life in three words I would probably have chosen three synonyms: peaceful, tranquil, uneventful, etc. And then this blog happened. Being a statistician, I can't say that the blog has "caused" this new drama in my life, but I can say with 95% confidence that the two are correlated (as half of my readers cringe at memories of their Intro to Stats class). It's as if the blog knows I need things to write about...and provides them.

I work in South Jordan, so I have to endure 30-60 min. in rush hour traffic every morning and evening (Thank goodness for my books on iPod that keep me from going crazy). The ride to work isn't so bad until I hit 12300 South where traffic slows for the construction of the new 11400 South exit.

Well, this morning's drive was no different. When the slowdown happened, I ditched the fast line for the one just to the right of it (I've noticed it tends to do better in the trouble spot). I reached about 11400 in the stop and go and heard a noise that made me look over my shoulder. A car in the fast lane had put on his brakes and pulled a little into the carpool lane to avoid a crash. It worked...except that the guy behind him didn't do so well. He was rear-ended and collided with the car just to my left.

I was quite startled...and grateful that I had ditched that lane. I probably should have stopped since I was a witness to the accident, but I doubted I could have safely done so and so I drove off pitying those who would probably be late for work because they were behind the accident. It was all a close call...too close of a call really.

So blog, I have a simple request to make: if you are going to give me things to blog about, could you just tone them down a bit. No injury, death, emotional trauma, etc. If you need something big and flashy, you could have me win a trip to Hawaii. I think I could live with that.

1 comment:

  1. I like how the blog is this mystical entity with super powers. It really explains a lot about the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete