Sunday, July 22, 2012

a whirlwind of a weekend

It all started Thursday afternoon when we went swimming at the spa with grandma W, Amanda, and g-grandpa Mc. Unfortunately right after we got there the pool closed down for 30 minutes because someone had pooped in the pool.  Abbie played and wandered and ate an ICEE. She was even nice enough to share some of it with the rest of us.

After swimming, Amanda and Syd came home with me to sleep over and we went to the Days of '47 Rodeo with the Crowthers. Brandon got a bunch of free tickets from work. It was a lot of fun to watch. Abbie handled it very well for being so long and going so late.

Friday morning we just hung out. In the afternoon my fam came out to pick up the girls and then they dropped me off downtown at Brandon's work. From there we headed up to Logan to go to dinner and a musical, both of which were free from radio contests. In between while trying to kill time, I got to go use some of my birthday money at the mall. We had a great time! I love going to plays and musicals. We didn't get home until about 12:45 am.

Saturday morning we woke up early and headed down to Fountain Green, about 2 hours away, with all the Crowthers for Lamb Days. We watched the awesome parade (awesome because they threw candy), went to the fish hatchery (which Abbie thought was absolutely fascinating), and then went to the park for the festivities. Abbie loved the train ride (sheeper creeper) and eating a blue snow cone.  We also tried the famous lamb sandwich (not very tasty, kind of plain in my opinion). We had a fun time, but the drive was a little long because we were cramped with 1 person too many.
(my view of the parade because everyone was anxious to catch the candy)

Today after church and nap we headed over to my fam's to celebrate Janessa's birthday. We had yummy homemade Cafe Rio salads, played mafia (we are seriously addicted) and hung out. 

Needless to say we had an awesome weekend, but are very exhausted! On the way home from the party my 2 cuties passed out- Abbie because she has lost a lot of sleep and Pepper because, well, I guess that's just what cats do :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment