Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's a choice

 For the past little while I feel like I have just been trying to survive each day. My life is not bad by any means, but its been hard to find a purpose and be happy. For awhile I don't think I even realized I was feeling this way. It seemed that Abbie was constantly whining or clinging to me, and then I also watch Isaac, so it was doubled. I think that is why I was so excited to go to Las Vegas last weekend. I needed a break from Abbie and I just wanted to have fun.

The last couple of days I have been thinking a lot about how I can be happy and I finally realized I get to make the choice to be happy. I can choose to have a good attitude or a bad one. I can choose to use my time meaningfully or not. I can to choose to find joy in every moment. I can choose how I react to a whiny Abbie. I can choose! Knowing this is great, but actually doing it is hard. I want to have joy in my life and be the best mother and wife that I can be.

So, today has been a really good day because I made the choice when I got up this morning to choose to be happy and positive.  I have actually gotten a lot of things done today and I finally made the house presentable. And as a bonus, the spirit has been able to be more fully in our home.

Anyway here is a super cute video of Abbie finishing up dinner last night. I especially love when she starts eating it off her clothes :)

1 comment:

  1. That's a great attitude! The trick is remembering to remind yourself of this, and often =) I have to come to this realization like five times a month.

    ReplyDelete