Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Abbie - 11 months

Happy 11 months to our sweet girl! 
Today I was thinking back to this time last year and how miserable I felt and how excited I was for her to arrive. I really had no idea how much she would change my life. 

Unfortunately Abbie has been sick. She got a cough and runny nose a few days ago and then Sunday she had an elevated temperature and was just miserable. I took her to the doctor yesterday and found out she has an ear infection :(  As long as she has tylenol in her system, she is her happy normal self. However, in between the magic meds she is just sad and miserable. It makes me so sad to see her like that. Tonight it got worse and we just couldn't get her to settle down. So she got a priesthood blessing and within a couple of minutes she was happy again. Thank goodness for worthy priesthood holders!  

Anyway, on to the good stuff. She is still very active, and loves to be moving. She still loves to eat and is eating more of 'our' food and less of hers. I should also mention that this means I am pumping less. Yahoo!!! 
Also, she now takes 2 naps a day and is such a good sleeper (I think she is making up for those rough few months). 

This is the best picture I could get of her smiling AND looking at the camera.


She is getting more vocal. We have conversations all the time. I just wish I knew what she was saying.  The words she does say are "mama", "dada", and "thankyou". She will also copy our sounds/words a lot.

She still gets shy around most new people, but every once in a while she will immediately find someone she likes and they become her best friend. She definitely has her favorites-  I am not at the top of the list, but at least I'm not at the bottom. 

I seriously love this picture!

She has finally got the sippy cup thing down. She likes drinking water and watered down orange juice from it, but still prefers milk from a bottle. 


She likes to play games with us: peek-a-boo, guess which hand, run away from the 'monster', and she thinks pulling things out of whatever they are in is fun too.
However, today for the first time, I saw her putting away toys in the basket rather than taking them out. It was pretty cute.


So, even though she is active and can't sit still, she is tons of fun and we love her to death!

No comments:

Post a Comment