Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Day

We got home late Christmas Eve and were exhausted. Before going to bed I finished wrapping (can you say procrastination?) and then organized the presents into piles on our living room floor. I had a hard time falling asleep because I was giddy with excitement for the morning. 

Abbie woke us up at about 7:15, her normal wake up time. Brandon fed her breakfast while I pumped and then we were ready to open presents. We put Abbie in the middle of the room away from the presents because we wanted to see what she would do. It didn't take her long to figure out which pile was hers because of the big fluffy bear :)

She seriously loves that bear! At first she didn't get the whole unwrapping idea, but with a little help she enjoyed finding the treasures inside the paper. Surprisingly she liked her toys more than the wrapping paper.

This is Abbie opening the quiet book I made her. Trust me when I say it took a lot of hours to finish. But I am very proud of it, and Abbie enjoyed playing with it at church. I will probably do another post about the book later.


Abbie got the bear, a couple of toys from the DI (I cleaned them up of course), and a couple of books. 
Brandon got  a couple of video games, a yo-yo, and a sorry game.
I got a new wedding ring (finally!!!), a couple of puzzles, and some clothes.

It seriously was so fun watching Abbie. She had a blast. After opening our presents, we got ready for church and put Abbie down for a quick nap. I made some yummy green Christmas tree waffles and sausage.

After church we headed up to Salt Lake for the day. Our first stop was the Crowthers. Abbie got a cute little car that came with a handle so I can push her on walks. Brandon and I got a couple of awesome board games.

The next stop was Grandpa Crowther. He got Abbie a book and us a game. (Can you tell we like to play games?)

Our last stop was my family's house. Abbie got some lego blocks, a princess chair, and a doll. I got a sewing machine and shoes. Brandon got a video game and a movie.

Anyway, we had a wonderful Christmas. We feel so loved. And we are most grateful this season for our Savior who came to this earth and atoned and died for us.
We hope you all had a great Christmas too!

No comments:

Post a Comment