Monday, October 24, 2011

I love Fall


I think it is my favorite season because I love the weather, the beautiful trees, and the excitement of the holidays coming up. The only thing I don't like is that it means Winter is coming.
We still enjoy going for stroller rides, love to look at the pretty trees, and crunch leaves with the stroller. I would let her play in them except she would probably just eat them :)

Abbie is still a crazy, active girl. She now climbs out of her bath tub, which makes it a lot harder to get her clean (changing her diaper is almost impossible). And she loves getting into the cupboards and playing with whatever she finds. She is also a pro at pulling books off the shelves. I guess we better find a new place for them.

Watching Brandon's ultimate frisbee game. 
Amanda and Syd came and slept over while my parents went to stake temple day.

Saturday night we went to our ward trunk-or-treat. We ate yummy, festive food and then passed out candy to all the cute, little kids. Abbie wore her unicorn costume and several people commented on how cute she was. After we passed out all our candy, we decided to take Abbie around to get candy. It was funny, she picked out most of her candy. Now what to do with the candy? Brandon and I are both trying to eat better.

 A couple of funny stories from yesterday: 
1- So we have this FHE book that we have no idea how we got, but have had for quite awhile. Yesterday morning Abbie was playing with the books and pulled this particular one down. While she was playing with it an envelope fell out. Brandon saw it and read it. Basically someone anonymously slipped it in and said something about being inspired to give this money. It was a $100 bill. Crazy! The problem is I don't know if it was meant for us or if we accidentally took it from whoever it was really for.
2- While we were doing our library calling at church I put Abbie in her car seat unbuckled (stupid!) on top of a table because I thought she was going to sleep. Well I thought wrong. All of a sudden she had rocked herself out of the ca rseat and fell on the floor. I felt sooo bad. She only cried for a minute and then was fine.

Last night we went to Dallin's eagle court of honor. I can't believe how much work goes into earning that. Congrats Dallin! I bet you can guess what Abbie was doing during the ceremony. Sitting nicely on my lap?? No way. She was pretty much all over the place. (Same thing at church. We sat at on the back row so that she could have some room to move. It allowed us to stay in the chapel and kind of listen)

1 comment:

  1. Fall is my favorite too...especially when I get to spend it with Abbie!

    ReplyDelete