Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sister Winterton enters the MTC

Wednesday (the dreaded but exciting day) morning we got up and got ready to go. Brandon went to work and Abbie and I headed over to my fam's house. Ness, now known as Sister Winterton, said her final goodbyes to grandma and grandpa and then we headed down to Provo in a squished car.

We got down to Provo early enough so that we wouldn't feel rushed. For our 'last supper' Janessa took us to Olive Garden (seriously how lucky am I to get to go 2 days in a row!). Trust me when I say we had no problem stuffing ourselves :) After the delicious meal we drove over to the Provo Temple to get a few family pictures (minus Brandon).

At 1:40 pm we drove into the MTC, parked for about 2 minutes while the host missionaries got her luggage, did quick hugs and said goodbye as she walked away. She looked so happy and was totally ready to go.
 
 I know life goes on, but it still makes me a little sad to think that I won't be seeing her for a long time and that Abbie probably won't remember her. I know she will be a great missionary and I will pray for her everyday until I see her again.

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting day for Sister Winterton and your family! She will be a great missionary and she and your family will be blessed for your service.

    ReplyDelete