Thursday, August 16, 2012

Farewell and getting ready

We have had a wonderful and crazy busy few days.
 Saturday: In the morning we went to the county fair because me, Amanda, Syd, grandpa, and Becca all entered painting into the fair. Apparently I am really lame because I didn't get pictures of anyone else.
Afterwards we went to Sizzler with the extended family to celebrate grandma and grandpa McDaniel's 50th wedding anniversary. 
Then we went to my family's house to get ready for an open house for Janessa. Lots of people came and supported her and said their goodbyes. Brandon had to go home to do some scout stuff and on the way back got a flat tire. Unfortunately, we and nobody else had the right tool for the special lug nuts so we just left it on the side of the road overnight.

Sunday:  After getting ready we headed out to the fair to pick up my paintings and then quickly rushed over to the church for Janessa's farewell. She gave a wonderful talk and testimony and just glowed. Then all the family came over for lunch. Once again I am totally lame and only got a single picture of that day- Abbie playing in the dirt.
After hanging out for the rest of the day, we headed home. On the way home we found out that someone broke the window of our car that we left on the side of the road. Thankfully there was nothing to steal. We decided to have it towed to a shop.

Monday: Our car got fixed and Karen took me to pick it up and then to vacuum out all the glass. After Abbie took a nap we went to my fam's to just hang out with Ness before she left for her mission. We also went and got the window replaced in the car. In the evening I headed downtown to Brandon's work to pick him up so that we could celebrate our anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment