Thursday, June 11, 2009

PB & Europe Sandwich

Have you ever wanted something so much that you would do just about anything to get it? And I'm not talking about important things like graduating from college or marrying the girl of your dreams. I'm talking about wanting something ridiculous and insignificant (in the big picture): an exclusive CD from your favorite band, tickets to a sold out show, an out of print book from the 80's, etc. etc.

Well, I at least know I'm not unique by having these cravings (see Tickle-Me-Elmo for more details). Luckily for me, they are usually rare and easy to satisfy. But I almost met my match twice-in the past week!

Craving #1: Last Saturday, Christy and I were in Salt Lake and spontaneously decided that we wanted to play Ticket to Ride: Europe and that we were going to buy it with some of my graduation money (Fortunately, most of our impulse purchases aren't $40 or we'd be out of "graduation money" fast). First stop, Cottonwood Mall. Every mall has a game store right? Well, it helps if the mall exists and right now, Cottonwood doesn't. Oops. Toys 'R' Us? Nope. Gateway Mall? No luck. But we still had our spot of last resort: Valley Fair Mall.

By the time we were on the way to Valley Fair Mall, we were pretty determined. This was no mild craving. Christy's face fell right when we entered Game Den and realized Ticket to Ride: Europe wasn't among the many other Ticket to Ride games that were prominently displayed. I almost burst out laughing with the absurdity of our situation. But lucky for us, a little more searching revealed that they had one copy of the game in a less-conspicuous spot. Craving solved.

Craving #2: What weirdo craves bizarre-flavored M&M's. "Strawberried Peanut Butter"? Well, that weirdo would be yours truly. I'm not quite sure why, but I had to try them. So last night when I searched every aisle at Smith's in vain (although they had an abundant supply before this craving hit), I became resolved. Somebody had to have them in stock and I had to get them.

And out of the 4 stores I went to, I got the only bag. There was literally only one bag left at Shopko. It was mine! Craving solved. And for the record, they were well worth the effort. Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment