Saturday, January 12, 2013

Abbie update

It's been awhile since I have updated about Abbie so here it goes... She has grown and changed a lot. She is now 22 months old!

* We have finally figured out the teeth brushing thing. (Although we aren't the most consistent). If I give Abbie her toothbrush at the same time I brush my teeth, and then we trade and brush each others' teeth, it usually works out. 

* She talks ALL DAY LONG! She's constantly talking whether to me, to herself, to someone else, or to her toys. And, I can understand about 90% of what she says. Sometimes I have to translate for someone else, I guess I am just a natural at Abbie talk.  Of course along with this, she has developed a great amount of understanding and remembering. She will tell me things that we did yesterday or things we've said in the past. 

*Abbie has quite an imagination. She loves playing with her animals and toys. She thinks it's funny to 'cook' things that usually don't get cooked. Example- her ponies, blocks. Whenever she sits on top of something she says 'neigh' and pretends to ride a horse. And she likes to have her animals play and talk to each other. She also really loves her books and likes to do puzzles. 

* Daddy still has to go to nursery with Abbie every week. Hopefully we can wean her off by the time she is two.

* She loves candy! I am so sorry that she inherited that from me. Over the holiday she ate so much and would always ask for more. Now she is a little bit better. But she is always willing to eat candy, or any kind of junk food for that matter. I think milk is her second favorite 'food'. I guess I should add that she is not as picky as she used to be. She even liked the eggplant parmesan that Brandon made.

* She loves getting her hair 'pretty'. And sometimes she likes to choose her clothes.

* She knows all her colors, can recognize 'abc's, and can count to 5.

*She still loves to watch Barney, and every once in awhile other shows. When she does she is 100% focused- if you talk to her she doesn't respond or even acknowledge you.

 * We spent some of her Christmas money on a potty. She will almost always tell when she poops and sometimes when she pees. Hopefully this is a sign that she will be ready to potty-train soon. Right now we use the potty as a step stool and she will sometimes sit on it but only with a diaper on. She always tells me that when she goes potty in the potty that she gets undies. That makes her really excited, I guess not enough to actually do it though.   :)

* Oh, and she likes to pick her nose. This could be black mail someday :) 

*Abbie is adorable, and so much fun!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment